1. Will you be available to meet me or take my calls when I need you?
In business we appreciate that some of our clients cannot speak to us or visit in office hours. We will always be flexible and offer evening and weekend telephone contact and meetings by appointment at no extra cost.
2. Can you offer fixed fees so that I have control of my budget?
Our fees are fixed and agreed in advance. They are based on the value we provide to your business. The fees and the exact scope of the service within the fixed price agreement is documented. Any work outside the arrangement will be agreed with you before commencement of work. You will never receive a surprise invoice from us.
You may also find that we can save you money by ensuring you take full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs and by determining the most tax effective structure for your business.
3. Do I have to pay every time I have a query or need advice?
All our clients benefit from our Ad-hoc Advice and Support Service relating to accountancy and tax matters. This means you can contact us if you have any queries or worries on those subjects and we will answer your queries at no extra cost.
4. My opinion of accountants is that they will talk down to me, using jargon that I do not understand, make no effort to help me understand the financial side of my business and make me feel foolish when I ask questions. How do you differ?
At Ahmed Alam Accountants, we treat all clients with the same courtesy and respect, regardless of size. We take the time to explain your accounts to you and welcome questions so that you know where your business stands financially, helping you to plan for the future.
5. Will you take responsibility for minimising our tax bill or purely processes our accounts without any input or suggestions of improvement?
At Ahmed Alam Accountants, we like to do things a little differently. We do not just automatically process your accounts but take the time to get close to your business to enable us to deliver the most effective tax advice and we will be there to deliver business advice that will galvanise your business. We do this by:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Ensuring you take full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Helping you to reduce tax on disposals
- Helping you to make the most of any tax opportunities specific to your industry.
6. Do I have to pay to change accountants?
Your current accountant should not charge you for providing the normal handover information.
7. Can I change accountants if my registered address is my accountants office?
There is no charge for changing your registered address and we are happy to provide you with our address for this purpose and deal with the necessary paperwork.
8. Do I have to wait until my financial year end before changing accountants?
You do not have to wait until the end of the financial year to change your accountant. You can do this at any time throughout the year.
9. How long will it take to change accountants?
Changing your accountant is a simple process. We just need you to sign a letter of request that we can provide and we will do the rest.